Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tales from an Editor

The editing process began today at exactly 2:52pm in the ITS media lab. That place is a look high tech nook in the middle of an extremely high tech building. There are four computers with more media connections at each one than anyone could ever really need. It took me twenty minutes to figure out how to get started, but once I started I was like a rock on a hill, I rolled down. (Did anyone notice my genius simile there? I thought it was pretty good.)

So basically this is what I did today:
1. I had exactly 54 minutes worth of interview time from at least 20 different people that I need to break up into individual interviews.

2. I then broke up those individual interviews into each question. Yes, I know, breathtaking.

I got through the first 11 interviews, or 28 minutes of film. I should finish the rest on Thursday and then the splicing and true editing will begin.

No comments: