Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Many Interviews Completed

I think my co-pro and I conducted over 15 interviews tonight. We interviewed every type of person in every place. I learned a lot in my adventure tonight.

1. 86.3% of people at Pomona are awkward, especially when they have a camera thrown in their face. Many people answer questions in two words and clam up when the camera turns on.

2. Interviewing friends in pairs is awesome. Friends have a tendency to feed off of each other and answer in complete thoughts and sentences. Furthermore, they offer longer answers and do not seem as frightened by the camera.

3. People take the questions to literally for the most part. The off the cuff, kind of strange, responses we got ended up being the best.

4. People are usually in a rush when they are walking around and it is better to initiate a conversation with someone who is sitting down.

5. I hope this ends up being as funny as it was to hear these responses. Also, as a side note, interviews in the bathroom are strange and should not be repeated.

No comments: